Over the past few weeks we have been doing a series at LiveLoud called “Best Sex Ever”. Recently I wrote a blog, “Something I Have To Talk About”, discussing the importance of parents speaking to theirs kids about sex. As we finish the series this week have posted questions that I feel parents should ask their kids that have to do with sex.
I know it can get awkward and I know your kids may not want to talk about it, but, don’t think that they themselves don’t have questions.
I hope this help…
- How is sex misused in our culture?
- What is it about sex that confuses you?
- If God created sex and he loves you, why would he not want you to experience sex any time you want?
- How might an understanding and experience of God’s love impact your feeling about yourself?
- What are some of the differences between guys & girls?
- Why are those differences significant?
- Currently, what guides your sexual decisions? Culture? Friends? God’s Word?
- What does the Bible say about sex outside of marriage?
- How do you know when you’re ready for sex? [when you’re married]
- What’s the difference between an urge and a temptation? Is sex essential for survival?
- What’s the deal with the mind? Why is the mind considered a sexual organ? Why can’t you forget your sexual experiences?
- Is self-control possible?
- How important are standards? When should you set them and communicate them?
- What is the deal about sex being more than physical? How do the other life dimensions mix with sex? Social? Mental? Spiritual?
- How far is too far?
- What did Corey mean when he talked about the mental part of sex never leaving you?
- How might pornography sear one’s mind and create unrealistic expectations of what sex is like? And, how might that impact a future marriage?
- What do you want for your future marriage and intimate relationship?
- Do you believe that you can be completely honest about your past? If not with me/us, is there someone in your life who you know cares about you?
- Has there ever been anything that has happened to you in a sexual and/or inappropriate way that you’ve kept a secret?
- Do you feel like this sex series has helped you? What is one thing you’ve learned that feels “new” to you?
- Do you see how your sexual decisions today might impact you life in the future?
- Is there anything that I can do as a parent to help you better understand what they’ve been talking about at church?